Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mood Shifts

Wow! Every now and then I get the strangest mood shifts. You can probably tell that I am pretty much "up" most of the time but where on earth do these heavy depressions come from? I think it is probably normal as your brain just goes off and analyses all you know and then throws out a "what if" for you. They don't last very long but can be quite sudden, they come from nowhere and without warning, they don't last very long thank goodness.

I was looking at some pictures of my children when they were quite young and - blow me - if I didn't come over all choked up. This lasted for all of about 10 seconds I suppose and for no reason at all. I can be sitting doing something and for no reason I'll get a flash of something sad just appear, almost a small sentence from my brain. Here is one that appeared a few weeks back. "you won't be there at your children's weddings" - "You may never become a grandparent". Pretty harsh stuff really, the last one doesn't worry me too much (far to young for that!). It is where do the thoughts come from? I'm now nowhere near life threatened diagnosis - all is controllable and yet somewhere the brain is making this stuff up and sticking more hurdles in my way.

Anyway, I'm not that worried about them but you really could do without these sorts of things whizzing around your head!