Got to bed early-ish and had a bit of a cuddle with OH when she says, "Can you hear that?" - yes I could, scratching from somewhere in the room. So got the Red Torch and started to check around the room. It was difficult to hear where it was coming from but I thought the Eaves space but couldn't see anything in there and the mouse traps hadn't set off and as the noise had stopped. I settled back down to sleep but 10 minutes later there it was again and so downstairs I went, got my big white bright torch and checked again. I then placed a series of mouse traps around the room and in the Eaves.
30 minutes later snap!! Yep got it, a mouse. There was another but it didn't take the bait and appears to have disappeared now but the traps are out, it's that time of year. Now I know that you probably don't like traps but these humane traps are anything but and I've found dead mice in them and, of course, you are not allowed to displace animals etc. The traps are probably the best as it's over and hopefully no distress.
So I cleared that up this morning but we must have lost 2 or 3 hours sleep. Hopefully we can make up for that tonight unless some more come in which is always possible I suppose. We tend to get a batch at a time.
Unfortunately my mood just got worse overnight and I wasn't great this morning. I've done some work this morning and feel a bit better but not any way am I out of the woods. I need to face some truths and I'm not ready for that just yet.
Mind you I cancelled my two dentists appointments this morning for this week as I just felt that I couldn't face them. Unlike me but I thought I'd get claustrophobia.
No comments:
Post a Comment