Sunday, August 05, 2012

Goodness me

Well - another crazy day at the Olympics and more to cheer again today.  


Not for me though, I'm getting quite tetchy and somewhat annoyed with explaining why - if I'm renovating the bathroom I need to take everything out to allow the Plasterer to do his thing and that will take 2 days.  It will mean that they wont have a shower/bath available for around 5 days (I reckon) as I need to put in a new floor and that needs to settle and dry and then put in the bath.  Even then it wont have tiles sorted out either.  I suppose these days people are used to things just happening.  The best bit was asking me to delay it which is impossible as it's taken me months to arrange the plasterer and everything revolves around his commitments not mine.


The trouble is that I'm getting annoyed by all this and perhaps I just ought to rise above it but certainly I seem to be having a sense of humour failure - not sure if that is about not getting the job (or even an interview) or maybe it is the upcoming scope.  Maybe it is something else.  I pulled a blog post last night about how I'm feeling and it's not a great place.  



2 comments:

Gary said...

D a couple of suggestions for your family

1. They go to a friendly neighbour for their bath / shower

2. They visit the gym, local pool, etc where they could get some exercise as well

3. Many offices now have showers for people who cycle in so could do it there.

G

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Gary,

Ah yes they have my in-laws around the corner on the way to (or back from) the station, I know that there are showers at one of their work places and all that :-) They'll just have to live with it. What would have happened if we would have had a water shortage like 76 or some sort of natural disaster :-)

Oh well - I should realise all of this - it always used to happen back in the days when I used to do this sort of thing as a living :-)