Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Reflecting Past Loves And Lives

 I find that my mind is going through a very nostalgic activity at the moment.  I've reflected on perhaps the greatest love of my life and it's still something that I'd give anything to be able to change but of course, that cannot really happen.  The past is, of course, the past and if it was to have been it would have.  

Then I was reflecting on some of my school and early adulthood girlfriends and how that all worked out.  It's funny when you look back with experienced eyes how the relationships came and went and some of the nicest were with platonic girl friends who were just mates which was great although on two occasions that nearly changed.  I hadn't really guessed about the second one as it is only now when I look back that I realise that there was something going on there and I just hadn't realised.  

It's interesting to reflect on these relationships with that historical "what I know now" view and realise that things could have turned out quite differently and then I probably wouldn't be where I am now, I'd have not had my lovely children and so on.

I wonder what would have happened though, they were all very sweet in their own way but one was really fiery.  Gosh she was amazingly outgoing and extrovert, headstrong and I'm sure we would have clashed all the time but making up would have been nice :-)  Another relationship doomed by circumstances beyond our control.  

Oh well, it's all part of life I suppose.   It's nice to look back and remember with fond memories though and in some ways wish I had this head on my young shoulders.  

No comments: