Monday, May 13, 2013

Something to Ponder

I'll write a bit more but:


  • No sign of tiny recurrence / tumour
  • No sign of anything untoward in bladder
  • Biopsies taken to check anyway
This is like Scar Wars X - then they saw a red mark / spot and did a TURBT only to find nothing.

What makes this different for me is:

  1. I thought I was some tissue fly out while urinating a few weeks before the flexible cystoscopy
  2. It is difficult to interpret but some of my urine strips appear to show trace blood 
  3. I thought the Locum suggested that my Cytology had results that supported his observations
  4. It is the second time this has happened to me - are there more false positives
I can't even begin to tell you what a relief this is for me.

2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

Trace blood should be easy to detect - dark green spots on the bright orange detection material. Try one now, post-TUR, and you will see the difference!

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Steve - yes indeed it is off the scale at the moment with the open wounds in there so all green.
The lower end is very difficult to see but I've not had the little spots so that's interesting - I thought it was a slightly different colour orange but certainly no green spots in the preoperative period. In fact then it has been negative throughout the whole period - I'd have noticed the spots :-) Thanks for the heads up.