Monday, May 20, 2013

Bit Of A Wordy Last Post

I hadn't intended it to be quite as long a tome as that :-)  I got a bit carried away with all the stuff going around in my head.  

Of course what "does my head in" as they say colloquially here is that on the two occasions when I've had a false positive I've actually reacted to each by assuming that I did have a recurrence and it's been quite destabilising for me on both episodes.  I remember stepping up my Flax Seed Oil and Cottage Cheese regime from once or twice a week to every day.  I noticed that I looked seriously at my current diet to see whether I'd do something stupid in that department and on this most recent repeat decided that Bacon was the bad guy although, of course, if there is no recurrence, then that's a conclusion that I shouldn't have made.  Mind you, I did review the evidence and have made it sufficiently worrying so that I don't have it regularly any more.  I will certainly just have it occasionally and sparingly there are plenty of other things to eat.  Although let's face it the taste of Bacon is great. 

I've had a few flecks of the biopsy scabs fire out today so expect a few more tomorrow and hopefully that will be the end of it.  I'd forgotten how long it takes for everything to "rearrange" itself after the operation, it still feels tender and slightly uncomfortable.  Nevertheless, this is still looked on with the Silver Lining that I'm 99% certain that there was no cancer there.  The thing that threw me this time was definitely the drawing of a tumour on the bladder diagram they use here.  It might be more useful if they'd use a TV and take a photo you'd have thought?  Perhaps a conversation I can have with my Consultant?

My mum is arriving on Thursday for the long weekend and she is coming to my final fling as Master of my Lodge when we will be hosting a lunch for around 120 or more people at the Spa Hotel in Tunbridge Wells.  It is a lovely venue and I am looking forward to it greatly as we will have the girls with us as well as some very good friends.  I think I might end up having a bit of a wobbly cheat day on Sunday and perhaps on the Saturday - it depends who is home and what we end up doing.



No comments: