Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Well That's All Folks!

 14 Years, 2 months and 26 days later I have had my last flexible cystoscopy and I have been discharged from the care of the Hospital.  Strangely enough, it was the quickest scope I've ever known, I wonder if they have new equipment it seemed to be over quickly, I didn't feel that much either.

How reassuring it was to hear that all was clear and OK and that I was now officially discharged from the care of the Hospital.

I imagine you'd expect there to be a yell of celebration or some such but, I felt quite strangely a little numb and not sure what I felt.  Even now a few days later, I'm not celebrating or getting excited.  I think I should, maybe after it has all sunk in I suppose.  It's now time for a little reflection.  I lost a number of friends to their own battles in those years and right now - I need to just let it all sink in, wash over me and I think I'll be happy in a week or two.  I'm smiling as I write this though which is progress.

For anyone about to commence on this journey or perhaps is already on the road, it gets better and it is survivable.  Keep faith or focus or both and keep going on even though sometimes it gets you down.

It changed my life, turned my family's lives upside down and taught me many life lessons on the way.  I will, I am sure, be happy about this soon, for now, after 14 years, I'm still blinking in the sunshine.

Best wishes to you all


No comments: