Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nimrod

Elgar's Nimrod will be played tomorrow at the Remembrance service.

That one piece of music reduces me to a shaking mass and so it should I think.

Every year I stay at home and I watch the 11th Hour of the 11th Day and I do remember. As a family we lost 15 or more of my relatives to make the world free as it is today.

I absolutely know that up until Nimrod is played I will be OK. After that I will be "in bits". My family will be at the local church on Church Parade with the Rainbows and Girl Guides (I am proud that my children are young leaders in that organization)

The sacrifice is just beyond imagination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know of Uncle C and Uncle E both came out through Dunkirk but dont know of any that got killed??
Not close members of the Family perhaps?
It always amazes me how many of the Old Contemptibles (spell ) there are left

valbri

A Dived Ref said...

Only 5 left from WW1 now.

I put a list of the ones I have found so far on the web site. Not close on our side - nearest is a second cousin. I will send you the link.