Monday, November 12, 2007

Not looking forward to this

I suppose I should be grateful that I didn't get much warning about the BCGs.

The problem is that it is only a few hours away and I know that I am going to feel rough for 24 hours if not a bit longer.

I must focus my mind on the fact that last time I was there that I had bladder cancer and this time, I don't. That means that what we did then mean that I am cancer free now and that it was those treatments that made it so.

Nothing quite focuses the mind as having a BCG instillation.

2 comments:

peter said...

Going for my BCG treatment today. Like you will then feel awful for a day or two. Small price to pay for something that works. I've been cancer free for two years and I think of BCG as "Beat Cancer Germs." Remember, getting old is not for sissies. Hang tough!!

A Dived Ref said...

Thanks Peter - well said. Also that you have been doing it for a few years also and are still cancer free is great news.

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. Good luck today for yours and for your ongoing treatment.

Beat Cancer Germs - I like that - I shall remember that next time :-)