Thursday, September 29, 2011

It is all a bit fast

I know from previous experience (2 people I've known have died from Pancreatic Cancer) how fast it can be. Both were discovered with late presentation when it was pretty much outside and in their system - one died within days and the other in around a month and he was only 26!

It appears to me that this is progressing ever so fast and my brother tells me that dad is now very thin and that he'd lost weight since I last saw him which is only 10 days ago. We've gone from knowing that he's pretty ill and terminal to being in Hospital and in not great shape in those 10 days. If he doesn't eat today that will be 3 days without food and whilst he is drinking water and being hydrated today may well turn out to be one that sets the course for the next few days too.

He's confused, my folks are stretched and emotional and I'm just beginning to feel bad and a little tearful as I feel for his and my folks pain and the fact that I'm not there. I'm waiting for and hoping that I'm not going to get the call from my family to go up this time. I really hope that this isn't it and that he will get over this, go home and slowly fade away. The longer he is in there though the less convinced I am about that.

No comments: