Thursday, September 29, 2011

So now things slowly change

It is amazing how quickly things change n'est pas? I spoke to mum and brother tonight and Dad's better, not great but has eaten a little, is being cheeky (always a good sign) and sent everyone home at 8 so he could sleep. That's the upside.

Downside is - yes it is colon cancer and yes there's something strange going on with his stomach area which needs sorting, his white cell count is down a bit and that is where we left it apart from he needs to have or see a neurologist. 18 months ago he went to the GPs with this balance problem and the found nothing. Now we have balance and memory issues - which aren't Parkinsons they say and they are also pretty certain it isn't Alzheimer's Disease either. However it is pretty serious as he keeps falling flat on his face or falling out of bed etc.

I've been out with a friend who has very kindly listened to what I've had to say and very kindly just been there for me. He's one of a very small handful of people who now know how I feel and the way I've been beating myself up over things. It was useful to have the conversation and to come away refreshed and to then speak to my brother and my mum shortly afterwards.

No comments: