Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back from Uni

Nice campus down at Falmouth - place was full of students (Art and Design types). An excellent place though almost brand new and fully equipped for photography.

A had her interview this morning now we have to wait and see. So far - all the others have given an offer. It is a long way there and back so we stayed at a nice Hotel last night. I would like to have stayed longer but perhaps if she gets a place we can. It took 6 hours down and close to 8 back although I did come along the scenic route.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that A gets on OK how long a course?
P went to two Unis UCF for his BA and FAU for his MA We spent a lot of time at FAU and I felt so old The students are all around 20 22 all dashing around on bikes and skateboards We sat in Starbucks and waited every student seems to have a lap top that came in for coffee

valbri

A Dived Ref said...

3 years for this one and not sure about the MA if she wants to do that after. She has the Laptop already its the £20,000 camera kit that worries me :-) Actually they can loan them out at Uni - I think that serious saving is needed for the next range of cameras above the semi pro stuff she uses now! I just looked at my course and I doubt I could finish in less than 6 years!

Anonymous said...

$40,000 for a camera kit????????
What does A get for that
I think I paid $150 for mine
Then in a couple of years you will have L doing something

valbri

A Dived Ref said...

The Professional Cameras and all the lenses, interchangeable backs, remote flash systems and so on are expensive. If you think you can get a good result with a Digital Camera, wait until you see what they can do with a full frame camera. Type Hasselblad into eBay and you will see the sort of equipment we are talking about here. That is just one of the cameras she will need :-)

L will hopefully do something far cheaper!