Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Observations


  • After a while you forget you had bladder cancer for hours and sometimes a whole day.  
  • I find myself talking about having had a serious illness or major incident in my life rather than saying Cancer - not because I don't want to say it but that I don't want to alarm the person I'm with
  • On reflection, looking at photos and thinking back - I did look like sh1t when I was ill.  Sorry I looked grey and drawn even though I kept a good sense of humour my looks betrayed what was happening to me.
  • I am a little crazier than I used to be and in some ways it doesn't matter - one day I will act my age but I fear that is many years away
  • Whilst I'm confident about the future - I'm going to have one for some sort of time, I'm actually hiding the fear that I will be "got" next time as I escaped this time - survivor syndrome.
Anyhow enough for now - just a few observations 

1 comment:

Steve Kelley said...

Acting one's age is a goal achieved by application of "peer pressure" from unthinking masses to creative and overachieving people to conform to the mundane norm. I wholeheartedly recommend avoiding this path!

I generally don't think about BC very often, but rather think about and focus on the things I do (diet, supplements, exercise, etc.) that keep it away.