Friday, August 23, 2019

Changing my Consultant

It feels strange that I would now, after all this time, look to change my Consultant.  It has everything to do with distance now that I've moved away from the area.  It was relatively easy to get to when I lived nearer but now it is about an hour and a bit away and I have to park away from the Hospital and walk-in adding a further 15 minutes I guess.  In the rush hour heading towards London, it is stressful enough without of course having the procedure which, even though I've had so many, is still a bit worrying - about what they will find and a little uncomfortable although I wouldn't say painful it can be a bit stingy!  

The last time I drove back and as your "wedding tackle" shall we call it comes back to life, it can make driving home a little uncomfortable.

After having done it for the last 5 years I decided to drop my GP a line to see if I can transfer to the local Hospital.  It is only 15 to 20 minutes away and generally (although not always) has good parking available.

It is strange as there is a feeling that you are letting your Consultant down but to be realistic I should have changed some years ago as it just makes sense to go somewhere that is local and that I can get to easily.  

No comments: