Monday, November 11, 2019

Off For My CT Scan

I feel fine about my scan - apart from getting parked that is!  It's always a bind at Maidstone Hospital but my other half is with me and so if the worst comes to the worst she can drive off somewhere and come and pick me up later!

It really shook me when I got the appointment and it took me a day or so to get over it.  I suppose that, the Root Canal work, other appointments and just remembering how poorly I was back in those days where at the root of it.  

So at the moment, I'm OK, I've had some food - I cannot eat for 2 hours before the scan and I've got 1 Litre of water ready to drink before I go in - this to be consumed in the hour before the appointment - a bit difficult if you are driving yourself there but I am sure I'll manage it.

I also got a copy of the Consultant's letter which confirmed that this, the blood tests and the camera / cystoscopy in 6 months if all prove clear will discharge me from Care/Hospital.  That is something to look forward to and so I should be positive about all of that.  

Fingers crossed that the Scan will show all is OK and that I can go to stage 3 and have the scope and they can finally see the back of me.  Time for a celebration if that is the case.

At least I am a lot calmer than I was a few weeks ago - such a strange reaction to the news about the Scan - it's got a bit of a nuisance with the Cannula and Dye going in but hey, I'm sure it will be fine.

No comments: