Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Back To The Drawing Board - Kind Of

 I've gone back to my past today and produced a mind-map of those things that are bothering me.  I've taken out )or will do) some money from my pension and done a review of what I have to do up until December and what my financial situation is.

I can see all the problems I "think" I have laid out as headings and I now need to add to them with sub-topics and see if I can work out what to do about it all.  It makes sense to me this way as it's what I used to do and take my customers through when reviewing etc.

I am not sure if it will help or at least perhaps compartmentalize the problems I perceive I have.  To say things are getting to me is an understatement but, of course none of these have actually properly realised themselves as of yet and so it's like a risk management plan I suppose.

What is strange is the loss of interest in things.  TV and social media but also reading.  I used to be an avid reader but now not so much.  The loss of interest is a little disturbing but I have kept away from the TV for 18 months or more only watching a few favourites, University Challenge, Only Connect, Formula ! and BTTC racing, rugby and the odd programme of interest to me - Reacher, Clarkson's Farm and perhaps a few other that I have forgotten.  The other stuff and the "personalities" and "celebrities" things bore the life out of me - who are half of these people?

The loss of interest doesn't stop there either as I really have to make myself do things and I wonder if that's just this huge crashing down to earth that retirement delivers you when you aren't expecting it and hadn't planned for it (unlike me I know).

Here we are though.  Got to make the best of a bad job I suppose?  

No comments: