Thursday, May 21, 2009

Looking forward to my day "off"

Tomorrow I get a day off. I need that as I have just got in at 23:10!!! It has been another long old day in the office and then I had my "other" business meeting and a few drinks too.

I met up with a friend and he was telling me how much he admired my courage fighting the big C. As usual, as you do, I explained that it was nothing (a massive understatement) and that it was what you "had to do". He was with me shortly after I returned from Yorkshire with the first symptoms and remembers sitting with me in the local pub garden as I suddenly took up smoking again after having given up some long time before and also how I drank far too much and was extremely worried.

I leaned on my friends so much that night but it was then that another friend suggested that I tell people rather than keep it locked up to myself.

I am looking forward to a rest and the Monaco Grand Prix which, once again, I have missed attending. One day I will go to this event. I will however enjoy watching it on Sunday. Many years ago I actually walked the circuit. Believe me, you would be hard pressed to believe that a saloon car could make it around, let alone an F1 going 100s of miles an hour!

Watching is OK :-)

No comments: