Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sometimes you think you are hard done by

Tonight I listened to a story that really upset me. It isn't that the story is one that you haven't heard before but it is one where drugs and alcohol have played their part and now, when this guy needs some stability and has managed to stabilise the frenetic spiral of drug and alcohol abuse. The thing that stabilised him may be removed.

What surprised me is how "uncharitable" people are in this particular circumstance. Please, please, someone befriend this guy and help him through the difficult times but the charity is going to have to pull the plug and his old friends have deserted him. As I alluded to yesterday - I now have the problem that I can't give huge tracts of time - I don't know him, it would take me 2 hours travelling each way to go and see him and yet those near and local are showing prejudice against him. Instead of helping, they are contributing to his downfall and continued decline. That is so anti everything I stand for.


Unfortunately I don't have the time to help and that is what really annoys me. His "friends" have abandoned him just when he needs them to be strong for him.

I hope that none of my friends ever needs that level of support. On the other hand, if they ever did, I hope that I would be the person who would stand by them and try and turn their downward passage.

No comments: