Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thoughts on my future

I enjoy my life at the moment apart from the concerns about the job becoming too easy again. It gets like that as I near the end of the Masonic season, things like the annual review and diary (for which I am responsible) are almost completed. The new flyer is almost done. I have some projects to get working and yet they aren't going to take all my effort.

I get on fine with everyone, I help everyone out as I have years of experience with all sorts of office automation and I get things done. It is a job like most people do I suppose. Turn up do your 9 to 5 and get paid. That is not what I do and never have just made up the numbers. I need to have the buzz and stress to get me going and delivering my best. This doesn't have that. If I said that it needs another 2 weeks to do something, then I'll get another 2 weeks - no negotiation or anything. Deadlines are always achieved. A panic somewhere in the office is - invariably - no such thing and I can sort it out for someone.

I don't know, I should be happy that I have a job in the current climate. I should be happy that they think highly of me but surely there must be something else to get my attention. Maybe, just maybe, the job has got me through the bit where I needed stability and now that BC is taking a back seat I find that I am hankering for the lively days.

No comments: