Friday, November 11, 2011

8 hours to go and

Dad goes down for his Operation. He is expected to be 1.5 to 2 hours dependent on what they find and realises that the next 4 days are going to be "not nice" but there you go - perhaps with this it will enable him to have sufficient quality of life for however long he will have. I guess once they open him up they will also be able to see how far things have spread and be able to update on that.

Mum and T are going in early to be with him as he goes down to Theatre - I know what that is like, I prefer to go on my own although the first time Mrs. F. was there for me as I was pretty much carved up by it all. They've given dad some sedatives so he is as calm as you can be given the circumstances.

Tomorrow is the 11th November and I'm guessing he will come out of surgery as we mark 2 minutes silence. Let's hope that things go well for him. It's been a complicated road so far and I do hope that they can give him or buy him that little extra time but more importantly to make him as well as he can be.


No comments: