Monday, November 14, 2011

Blur of a weekend

Dad go through his operation and he was down a long time so it was quite some procedure. He's connected to lots of stuff and catheterised which I know all about - he's got back to planet earth after being drilled full of drugs for pain and goodness knows what else. He's hopefully going back into a ward (coming out of HDU - Intensive Care) later today.

It's been a emotional weekend. I find Remembrance Sunday very moving and a very sad and yet uplifting thing too. It's one of those times when you should reflect on the sacrifice that built this land (and many others).

I realise that I'm doing a fair amount of straight talking and must remember that it isn't to everyone's taste or their own way of dealing with things. So I perhaps need to tone down the way that I speak about my dad's illness mainly.

In all the excitement - I need to also be mindful of a major milestone in completing out project so far and being ready to go to investors. That will be an interesting journey. I ought to spend the short hiatus in proceedings and tidy the place up and sort myself out. It could be some time before we get some interest and some time before we will be in a position to move forward. However, we don't give ourselves much credit - certainly we deserve some. I find it most amusing that those who haven't actually taken a business to market can mysteriously come up with a load of old regurgitated stuff about what you should and shouldn't do or presuppose that I haven't done my homework or that I'm some sort of numpty that doesn't actually know how these things work. PRATTS the lot of them, I don't know one of them who has setup and successfully launched their own business. Everyone's a sodding expert aren't they? :-)


No comments: