Monday, July 02, 2007

1st Anniversary

Not anything that I think I ought to celebrate but at around about 6 p.m. today, one year ago, I arrive - after a long drive - at a Hotel in Yorkshire.

On going to the toilet - I was presented with the most obvious symptoms of Bladder Cancer you can imagine. Urinating blood. At that time, I thought it might have been a kidney infection. Towards the end of that week, I was pretty certain that it was far more serious.

I only realised yesterday what today signified! The next anniversaries are 7th July - Doctor tells me it is probably a tumour and refers me, 21st July the diagnosis. That will be a VERY interesting day as it falls on the day I will have my 50th Birthday party. I hadn't realised that when I booked it - it seems very appropriate that on the 21st last year I didn't think I would be here at all! But then I didn't know what I was dealing with then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading of your shock/horror of passing blood I remember some twenty odd years ago doing the same thing There can be nothing worse than seeing blood coming out
Mine was a kidney infection which after a week was gone but I will always remember the feeling of seeing this bright red stuff coming out

valbri