Thursday, July 12, 2007

Having a bit of delayed shock and sadness

I'm a bit of a "cold fish" not my ideal description of myself (someone else's) but it will do. Strangely for me then, I'm feeling really quite upset now after this morning. I think I was brassing it out a bit this morning but coming back and seeing my daughter and talking with her has sort of triggered me off now.

No one ever said it was a fair world, it can be horribly cruel though. Cracking a few heads and making people realise this is an uphill battle, it doesn't matter until it touches you. The constant is you know the guy you are going to talk tomorrow is a "Dick" and will remain so and you know that some idiot is going to cut you up on the motorway doing 80 who hasn't thought through the consequence of their actions. These are all the people who should be introduced to tragedy but we all know they wont change you can't easily adjust people's attitudes and behaviour like that. It would be good if you could though!

There is quite a bit of anger about my feelings though, things like injustice and human rights and doing the right thing and yet these people, who have had enough problems to go through in the past, get this to contend with. Surely they have been tested enough and neither deserved or warranted such a cruel twist of fate. I could go on but I've rambled enough about fairness.

No comments: