Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Big Day for England and the USA

And the for the football teams too.  I'm off to London to meet up with the old work crew.  My day meeting got cancelled so it is just a social.  Heaven knows what that will do to my weight as we will be having a few to drink.  I've been exercising each day, doing 30 minutes with a three peaks setting on my XTrainer.  It is getting back into a routine that is important and I've managed to sort that out.  Today I will probably try and exercise straight after lunch and then get showered and head on up to London.  

The match is on mid afternoon and no doubt there will be fans milling around at all the pubs in London.  Not my favourite but let's see how bad they can get between 3 in the afternoon and going home time.  Unfortunately for me I also have a Curry evening booked for tomorrow and so I think my diet is right out the window this week.

I hope for further victories for the USA and England - and let's hope that our teams will also follow our lead!


2 comments:

Steve Kelley said...

One to nil victories with both national sides going through to the knockout stages. Perhaps with a ton of luck, we shall meet in the final on July 11?

A Dived Ref said...

Now wouldn't that be a great final. It looks as if we have drawn our nemesis - Germany - again. We have beaten them out of competition and memorably in 1966. The whole place is sport mad here at the moment what with Wimbledon, Cricket, World Cup, F1 Grand Prix and we had the Moto GP here last weekend. It will soon be the Open and Tour de France. such distractions :-)