Sunday, January 22, 2012

5 Years

I suppose that 5 years is some sort of landmark and it is as if a cork has popped out of the bottle with the way I feel.  By that I mean that I am of a much lighter disposition, I feel so much better, my body feels good and I am beginning to come out of a place I had hardly realised I was in.  I thought I was OK but I'm lifted to another slightly higher level by this news and I am additionally feeling well both physically and mentally.


I know that I am now getting things together a bit better in terms of diet and looking after myself.  I am beginning to believe that I may at last be seeing the back of this nightmare and so that in itself also bolsters my own self esteem and whilst it is too early to say goodbye to cancer, I can at least start to make it a lesser part of my daily life.


If there is anything to gain from this experience it is that you can stand up to cancer and with modern medicine, lifestyle change and a positive attitude you can get to a point where you can get some control back in your life.


I'll see how long it takes me to fall back to being glum - hopefully never!

No comments: