Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hell of a week

I was in a furious mood on Tuesday, no particular reason as far as I can tell - I would have quite easily ripped your arm off and beat you with the wet end, quite easily in fact :-)  It's been a full on heavy schedule and I've been the bottleneck in the process.  That's been obvious and I have been struggling to keep up.  To be honest there has been a lot of ground to cover and a lot of distractions - well meaning I'm sure - but distractions nonetheless.  


I'm feeling well, I'm beginning to feel slimmer and fitter and a lot better than I have for ages and ages as the diet and the change in the way I consume food kicks in.  Juicing is a bit of an "acquired taste" as sometimes it looks like I'm drinking a pint of mud :-)  Generally it is the greens getting all mixed up with the base juice (I tend to favour carrot) and that's just the colour but it is also a strange taste - we are used to having our vegetables cooked and whole.  When you juice them you separate the juice from the fibre and so you are getting a super hit of nutrients.  You are also getting a massive amount into your body, far more than you would be able to actually eat.  I was looking at the way I get through vegetables these days and it is surprising what juice you can get out of some items but I do tend to work my way through a lot of vegetables every day.


L is home from University and so we have decided to descend on my dad on Sunday and take the girls as we can drop L back at Cambridge on the way home.  That will allow us to spend some time with dad and for the girls to see him as the last time he really wasn't with it and it was just after his operation and he wasn't in great shape.  He is a lot better now so it will be a good time.  Of course, it's one of those things as to whether this will be the last time they see him and so I'm concious of that too.  


It's late - I've been watching a set of DVDs from my childhood - Robinson Crusoe - I haven't seen it since the late 1960s I would guess and it is quite moving in places, beautiful music and for its day a good piece of drama.  It brought back old memories of sitting at home and waiting until the next episode to see what had happened.  Good stuff but once started I couldn't stop watching it hence it is now gone 2 in the morning!  Doh :-)

No comments: