Friday, January 27, 2012

So it is Diabetes

One of those things I suppose - my dad does have Diabetes and finally they have diagnosed and given him medication for it.  Luckily he doesn't have to inject himself and is controlled by tablet.  This is a move forward and one that I have to say is long overdue.


In a way, the Doctor was faced with asking dad the difficult question "How long have they given you?" which of course is answered with 6 months which is now!  In reality he is a lot better than I thought he would be having seen a number of my friends die of Pancreatic Cancer Dad has remarkably had major surgery too and is still with us - good for him.  My friends died in 2 weeks and 1 month (I think).  It wasn't great.


As for me, well I'm getting on fine at the moment - a bit of a twinging back again - I'm not sure why that should be but there you go hopefully I can get rid of that overnight.  Weight wise well - it is still dropping off me and feels better each day - it is a most unusual sensation but a welcome one in reality.   I can feel my waist just being slimmer and my trousers being less tight and all of this is down to juicing and I haven't started exercising yet.  The great thing is that I'm eating large quantities of vegetables so for example I had some low fat mushroom soup tonight but I added to it, bean sprouts, mushrooms and spinach.  That made a big bowl full but of course there's hardly anything in it - it cheers up my soup and it fills me up too but keeps the calorie intake low.  Juice comprises of a quart of vegetable (mainly) juice a day with about 2 quarts of water.  I have my FOCC in the morning if before 8 am - if I am up later I miss it out and go straight for juice at 10:30.  I have a meal of a cup-a-soup at lunch time with either tinned pilchards, sardines or mackerel or perhaps fish sticks, tuna, egg or low fat pate.  


Onwards and upwards.  

No comments: