Monday, January 30, 2012

Poor Mr. Fox

We found a Fox in a pretty poorly state outside the kitchen door.  We rang the RSPCA who told us to approach it with a broom and it sort of half struggled away to half way down the garden before collapsing in a heap its back legs not working too well at all and it did look pretty mangy :-( Apparently they could do nothing to ease the poor creature's pain unless it was still and easy to catch.  Well it only has two legs working as far as I can see and hasn't moved much during the day.  It's bitterly cold tonight and so I'll have to see what it is like in the morning.  If I had (or was allowed) a gun I'd put the thing out of its misery.  It's quite distressing as no one wants to know - and I thought that an association that was against cruelty to animals might be able to assist!


Oh well - I'll see tomorrow what is to be done about it, if the poor creature is still alive that is. 


So - my back - still twinging and giving me jip.  I will have to download that software that makes you take a break every 40 minutes.  I've been stuck here thrashing away at the PC for hours and really should be taking time off and away.


I did manage to get juicing a lot today and found that raw beetroots are pretty potent.  I did two in my first juice - mixed with carrot and a drop of ginger and lemon.  It looked like Dracula ought to drink it :-)  It was actually quite a difficult drink too as the power of the beets is something else so I know that I only need to use one of them - it's a bit like when I used too much ginger to start with last week!  I am now hardly eating anything for lunch and didn't really want much for tea either.  I think that I am training myself to eat smaller portions and I am filling up with juice and water during the day which is working.  I was looking at some photos of myself a month ago and I've lost a fair amount of weight.  Not only around my stomach but around my neck too.  There's more to go of course but it is a pretty good start considering I've probably only been doing this for a few weeks.


I intend to continue this as long as possible so that I can get to a position to restart my exercise and try and get into some sort of routine (something my job never lets me do - I'm working now at gone 11 at night!).


Right I'd better crack on.

No comments: