Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Up Early - Better - The Swings And Roundabouts

 It's raining and after the long very hot at times summer it is a welcome relief to see some rain which is steadily coming down this morning.  It must have been heavier overnight as it woke me and I managed to sleep through with the one break but I'm still up early.  This time it was my OH who woke me and with an hour to go for the alarm I thought I'd get up anyway.

Yesterday I managed a good 3 or 4 hours in the garden tidying up around the garage. The wood store / log store is tidy and loaded with kindling now ready for winter.  I could do with some more logs bu I need to consider whether to buy some more or just get some from along the lane.

Next door started a load of work and a delivery lorry managed to scrape along our hedge - I don't think it has done too much damage and we were going to look at it anyway as it needs work on the gaps.  It's a panoramic cabin for a gymnasium - first we knew about it and it has planning approval.  One day it might be nice for someone just to drop a note to say that there are loads of workmen around.  Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult a job and take too long but they were banging away until 7 pm yesterday so let's hope that they don't need to do that again!

The poor old delivery man was late too and I felt for him as he eventually got to us just after 9:30 last night, in the dark after some sort of problem at his base.  I hope he didn't have to deliver to any more houses after us.  

I'm in a better mood, once again, I think being occupied with the garden and clearing the side of the garage and starting to make an impact around the Oil (Kerosene) tank has really helped.  I am trying not to overdo it, it's easy to do that and so I'm wearing my back brace as there's lots of pulling and bending down to do.  

So a lightened mood and whilst I am up early I haven't had any "bad thoughts" to work with.  A better day and so far productive week.  An indoors day by the looks of it and so I can get on with some internal work.

No comments: