Thursday, July 23, 2026

A Less Heavy, Clear Mind

 Despite the fact that my mum is visibly looking older and struggling with her legs, her knees in particular which upset me greatly, it should come as a bit of a surprise that my mind was a lot clearer yesterday and this morning.  I managed to sleep reasonably well but was disturbed at 6 by OH and so I got up and came downstairs.

The heaviness in my head is almost gone and it somehow feels clear again.  Sure the thoughts are there but I think I can deal with them.  It's been a struggle I have to say but as long as I identify the bad thoughts and deal with them as soon as they arise then that's something.

I have a mixture of "problems" and so I intend to work on them as best I can.  Health and fitness need to be part of the approach as I notice that I am not eating properly which means I'm out of condition too and part of me feels old and worn out so I need to look after myself and to take care of my physical and mental well-being.  

The heat has subsided and so that allows me to get out and do some work which also means that I can 'get things done' which again should help.

I'm left with two impressions after returning from my mum's and that's I need to just start to adjust to being old but not turning into someone old (doesn't make sense I know) and that I need to treasure each day and get out of this current rut and don't slip back.  Easier said than done.

So it is also a bad time of year of course.  It will be 20 years tomorrow that my first Bladder Cancer operation will have happened.  Interesting journey since.  

No comments: