Friday, January 18, 2008

Off out for a ruby

Ruby Murray (Curry). well I've got to get into the Cockney Rhyming slang for tomorrow as it is the East Of London Family History Society AGM :-)

It was an absolute nightmare growing up with my dad who was always coming out with rhyming names for things. Duke of York - Fork, Apples and Pears - Stairs and so on.

Anyway - off for a curry with 7 more mates and I am really looking forward to it. I have finally stated to feel a lot better in myself and tonight and tomorrow are things that I have been looking forward to.

So I'm off to the rub-a-dub for a few pints of beer and a ruby! I'm not sure if it will cost e a Monkey or a Pony (I can't remember what they are in monetary terms)- nuff said!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to have a pigs
(pigs ear )
Remember the true slang they only used the first part so they would say my germans are cold or my plates are sore
I would think most people do not know what you are talking about
I tried to explain to those over here what there boat was or there trouble but no chance

valbri

A Dived Ref said...

It will be our little secret :-)

Have a good weekend - it was a great night out and I have just got back!