Thursday, October 17, 2024

Weight and Booze

 I haven't had a drink of alcohol for 2 months if not 3 - I stopped in July and only had a few when we were away in August on a mini break.  I've only been drinking zero beer when we go out and we haven't been out that much.  I've been following (as far as is possible) a keto / carnivore diet although perhaps that's not the right word for it but nevertheless I am limiting carbs to a very low amount if I can.

So, beer, I miss it, there's no doubt about that.  Food - well I don't mind just eating meat and I've been doing the intermittent fasting for at least 3 days a week which is not eating for 16 hours and only eating in an 8 hour period.  So for me that's missing breakfast and then having a late lunch and dinner in the evening.  I've noticed that it has had a dramatic effect and in the last two weeks I can feel the weight has come off quite substantially.  I need to keep this up and see how much I can lose  My trousers and tee shirts now fit loosely so that's a good sign.

Anyway, it's good, I feel fine and it's easy enough to follow and if there's one day where I might grab a sandwich rather than just the filling I'm not going to worry too much about it as it's only one day.  

I'm going to have some drinks at Christmas time but other than that I am going to try and maintain zero until then.  

No comments: