It wasn't a lot of rain but it was enough to remember what it looked, sounded and smelt like. Admittedly, it was not enough but for the short while it was really pouring, puddles formed and it was a welcome sight indeed. Someone suggested it was eight weeks since rain last fell but I am sure there was an overnight series of showers a few days ago that woke us up. Mind you eight weeks feels about right as we have had an exceptional summer once again.
I like the doom mongering but really we weren't using standpipes and anywhere near the 1976 summer even though our media still thinks its global warming and climate change. A few years ago we suffered the wettest summer ever and now the driest and so on. If we get thirty years of red hot summers and very mild winters then you'd probably make a case for it, 30 years is how "climate" can be determined after all.
Talking of waking up I managed to wake just the once overnight and up about an hour before "normal" which I am quite pleased about given I had a couple of car naps during the day.
Annoyed that one of my servers is showing it needs a new HDD - they aren't cheap and I'll have to get one ordered so I can change it when I get back from visiting my mum.
I managed to keep the thoughts out of my head overnight and so far this morning. The insect bites are receding and my aching shoulder / neck appears to be just a distant throb after treating with some deep heat overnight.
Today holds, perhaps, a better "head" day and I can attempt to get something (anything) done. Yesterday was planning the short trip away occupying my planning and risk management skills :-) Today? I'm not sure yet, I will tackle that in a short while and see where we go with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment