Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And now I do feel bad

My brother sounded quite shaken on the phone and I can see why. I'm quite shaken up myself - I didn't think I'd be because I'd prepared myself for this. It's a fact that we all have to go but it is also a fact that we would rather go on our own terms.

Pancreatic Cancer - 10 months if he has the operation 6 months if he doesn't. It's slow growing in someone his age but even so, 6 months is no time at all is it? In younger people it is more aggressive as I recollect from some of the people I know who have had it.

I'm shocked and yet I knew this was coming - I suppose hearing it and how upset my brother was didn't really help things that much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really sorry mate

A Dived Ref said...

Hi Flocky - it's a bummer mate, just got to deal with it and that 1/4 bottle of scotch seems to have helped a little tonight :-) Speak later - you're a good friend - thanks.