Thursday, August 18, 2011

So Dad's got Cancer

Not sure what sort of Cancer it actually is yet - they just gave the results and he has to go to the big Hospital an hour or so away to meet a team who will give him the low down and discuss what to do about it.

It is very early stage so that's pretty good and he has to see them in a week or two - which seems a long time to me. Dad didn't actually want to talk to me - not surprising after getting that news I imagine but he has told them he doesn't want major invasive surgery so they know that - he will have the stent replaced though and we just have to see what they come up with for him.

I'm waiting for my brother to call and have a chat later. I doubt he will be in a great frame of mind - he tends to take this stuff badly. I'm being pretty pragmatic about it as I tend to be and want to hear the results of tests and a bit more information to understand quite what he has and what the stage and grade are.

It's not great news of course - never is - the doctors will no doubt explain what it is all about. I'll hunt out my list of questions and see if he wants them. Not much more to say really at the moment.

No comments: