Thursday, October 11, 2012

DIstraction

Of out in a moment to have a few beers and then grab some food.  Old friend and I need to catch up and see what's going on and what's to do.  I'd better get some food down my neck before going though as I'm certain it will be more beers than food.

My diet is getting a bit of a slap though with a meal on Tuesday night sending my count going way over what I normally eat and a few beers today will also send the figures off the graph.  I've gone back onto a modified diet at the moment with a bit of exercise, no bread or dairy (except cottage cheese) back to having FOCC (Flax Seed Oil and Cottage Cheese), lots of vegetables and I need to get back to using my juicer again in a more controlled way.

Food wise I'm cutting out most carbs but do have a few like rice cakes occasionally to keep that count up.  After the excesses of the holiday and really since my dad died when I stopped eating sensibly, I've put on all the weight I lost (well actually that's not accurate - I've put on a stone and so I'm still below where I started by about a stone from the beginning of the year).

In terms of exercise I'm doing burst work on the X-Trainer and doing some work on the Vibration Plate (no more than 5 minutes).  The burst work is doing two or three full speed - until you run out of puff and energy - bursts every couple of days.  These bursts of exercise are pretty much full on things but apparently are better than doing longer stints.  So let's give it a try.

Unfortunately I have lots of events that will interrupt my diet in the next three months but I will just have to take it easy.  I am recording everything I eat which seems to work nicely.  

No comments: