Friday, August 23, 2024

Energy Costs

 Yesterday I fixed our electricity costs and did quite well with a 1 year fix that was almost the same as I'm paying now and less than the fix from my provider.  This morning OFGEM announced that the price cap will go up 10% on 1st October which is 2% more than I was thinking it would.

I think it adds about £150 to the bill for most average households.  Goodness knows what January's cap will come in at?

So for a Pensioner already losing £300 winter fuel allowance they now have to find that £300 and a further £150 to keep warm.  £450 it's around 3% of their income increase.  No one appears to have noticed that basics have almost doubled in the past 4 years.  Strange things like a pint of beer which will now set you back over £5 and closer to £6 for a pint (although you can find places that are cheaper if you look).  

Well, I hope that the "people" will start to wake up and get angry with all the politicians who've forced high prices on us when they could have actually done the opposite and made the country productive which would have generated their tax monies far more than this.  Who wants to run a business with energy prices so high?  It's like stamping on the brakes of the country doing exactly the opposite of what they need to do.

I hadn't realised that these Muppets were going to destroy the country this quickly.  

No comments: