Sunday, August 11, 2024

No Alcohol Progress

 I'm pleasantly surprised that it's been just over a month and I feel fine, I've lost some weight and after the first few days which weren't really a struggle, more of a habit breaking time and a bit of Keto Flu as they call it when you ditch carbs, all is well.

Making sure I drink enough water is the main thing and I know I am as I measure that.  The weight has come off of my neck and face and my sides which is unusual it normally comes off my arms and sides and my face is normally last in the line.  I've lost some of the front muffin top and apart from my aching left hip, all is well.

I think the hip has come about as one of the under mattress slats had failed and sleeping there has just pushed my hip downwards.  I replaced the slat yesterday and whilst I can still feel it, it isn't as bad.

This week will be difficult to not drink as I have paid for Hospitality at a well known airshow and I'm taking the OH away to stay at a Hotel so if I can avoid it I will but there's beers included in my ticket so who knows how it will work out.  I am determined not to drink if at all possible only the odd social tipple.  There are plenty of Alcohol beers around these days - of course they are still carb heavy but if it is only very occasionally it shouldn't disrupt my diet too much.

Anyway, the main thing is it's OK and I estimate around 1 stone lost (around 6 kg).  I'm aiming for a lot more than that but it will take a long time I imagine.  

No comments: