Friday, August 23, 2024

Fed Up With Lying

I may have said this before but I am so fed up with people lying to me.  

 “We know that they are lying, they know that they are lying, they even know that we know they are lying, we also know that they know we know they are lying too, they of course know that we certainly know they know we know they are lying too as well, but they are still lying. In our country, the lie has become not just moral category, but the pillar industry of this country.”

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Huge whopping lies too.  I hate being lied to and you can't question the lie can you?  "Denier!" they cry, "Bigot!" "Racist!" they shut down any dissent with force because they cannot actually defend, with logic, facts or data, their position.

I check what people are saying to me or what you see in the media and take it all with a pinch of salt.  It's all there to distract you anyway.  Nothing ever happens "Lessons will be learned" really, when has that EVER happened? "A full and frank discussion" you'll be lucky.  

Bread and circuses" (or bread and games; from Latin: panem et circenses) it's all to keep us distracted and in awe of the authorities.  Perhaps, just perhaps, people will start to question and push back.  I'm not holding my breath though. 

No comments: