Monday, October 30, 2006

Behaviour be on your guard

The one thing that Cancer is, is personal. Sure your family go through it with you, your Friends sympathise and all that but who has the treatment, who communicates it and frills it or down plays it to everyone? You do.

You also can get pretty short with people. I'm pretty much one for having a sharp mouth anyway but I can get quite nasty and be quite verbal at moments when your guard is down.

Today - I have just come off the phone and discussed my treatment with the Urology Nurse - who sounds great and knows her stuff etc. But I now realise that a week today to this very hour I will have my first treatment. I put the phone down and when my wife said something I was quite rough and rude back. Of course it is regrettable but it does happen - be quick enough and big enough to apologise as soon as you can. I think that people understand that you are anxious and upset but probably don't understand quite how stressful it is living with this all the time.

As a by the by I was upset to hear that people gave up on the Immunotherapy treatment later on after they had done all the hard work. I suppose time will tell for me on that.

No comments: