Friday, October 27, 2006

Words of Wisdom

Not a lot I can say as I'm not a Doctor but I have found that I changed a lot of my lifestyle choices once I knew I had this.

I drink lots of water every day now - I feel better and it helps apparently
I eat a lot of dried fruit now and try and get 5 servings of fruit and veg a day again I feel better for that
I tend now to watch carefully the intake of salt and fat, I make sure I have oily fish at least once a week
I have also gone back to eating porridge for breakfast and actually like it

A number of these things just make sense - they actually appear to make me feel well too. Curiously if it wasn't for the fact that I've had all these Operations I'd swear that I have never felt quite as well as this. Perhaps that is also because I have hardly had any alcohol either :-) Who knows.

Oh yes - I haven't touched a cigar since the diagnosis episode.

Mind you - I was out the other day and I couldn't believe it - after all of this operations, examinations and so on, I almost fancied a smoke. After all this time and all that I had just gone through (and still have to go through) how on earth could my brain have even thought that it would like a smoke - it just goes to show how habit forming it is.

No comments: