Friday, October 27, 2006

Scar Wars Episode II - Revenge of the NHS

A Long time ago in a Galaxy far far away…..

(cue music)

SCAR WARS

EPSIODE II

REVENGE OF THE NHS

Our Hero, keen to get sorted out has returned to the scene.

Gullible as ever he believes he is just going in for a few tests.

Darth Urologist has other ideas

- read on if you dare!!!!




The best laid plans…

I have to say - it didn’t feel right when I came to – it definitely didn’t feel like the last time, it was far worse and they were discussing whether or not to give me Morphine! OOOppps :-) They decided against it and stuck me back on Oxygen and left me squirming for a couple of hours with bladder muscle spasms – no one warned my wife so when she turned up I was jigging about, in and out of consciousness, white as a sheet and still attached to the Oxygen mask. They told me things had diverted off the planned course when I woke up but told me the full story next day:

Instead of a set of biopsies and a retest they ended up taking away two small re-growths of the original tumour (quite normal apparently). They found another “suspicious area” and biopsied or more like it resectioned the whole of that, took the 6 original planned biopsies, did the planned retest and then decided to re-resection the original area of the tumour so they basically re-resected the scar! Ouch. No wonder I felt worse than last time – they had indicated that I might have gone home the same day before I went down to Theatre (Operating not Stage).

Needless to say none of that was in the script – so instead of a return to work on Monday – I’ve got to go through the “being careful” routine again – no lifting, bending etc for two weeks, no driving for three weeks etc.

I definitely know they have done something this time as I am particularly well beaten up, bruised and tender where before I didn’t feel this bad. I should know the next course of action in two or three weeks time.

As last time, all is OK - I am being looked after really well here.

Hope to be up and about in a few weeks time.

So now you know :-)

No comments: