Monday, April 02, 2007

That was touch and go

My Urology Nurse was there - she knows I am stressy and so we did the BP tests and as expected they were through the roof - not as bad as last time. They came down gradually and I gave my readings from this morning which were pretty good.

It got to the point of almost being refused but they picked up the 24 hour tapes which obviously changed minds a bit and so I have to go and see the GP tomorrow - no doubt for some form of treatment and can therefore carry on with the operation.

The funniest bit was when she said she was going to do the blood test the readings went through the roof again. I often wonder why I am the person least surprise by such things - when they are about to stick a needle in you would you think your blood pressure would fall?

I am in a strange position now as I am looking forward to getting this sorted out and yet I can feel the stress beginning to build again and my the back of my hand has started aching - that is where they put the cannula and I'm sure it throbs every now and then just to remind me.

I have the appointment tomorrow morning and I hope that we can get this particular problem under some sort of control and then get on with sorting the next piece of the puzzle out.

It isn't a quick fix either - I originally thought it was going to be one of those binary things - like it is or it isn't fixed and all that - it would all be over by Christmas (sort of thing) and it isn't going to be over by this Christmas or perhaps by another 5 to 10 Christmases :-( At least this though is a gateway to ongoing maintenance or more radical treatment that is why it is so important.

Checked my BP - strewth it is still high but I am in a better frame of mind myself.

No comments: