Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Do you expect me to talk Goldfinger?

No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!

I just had this vision of that laser cutting towards James Bond and thought that the parallels to having a flexible cystoscopy are too close to call. I mean you know which bit is going to get zapped first right? James Bond is tied to the table, you are not, he still has his trousers on - and you - oh well - that is too much detail for this paragraph!

I wonder if I should say that to my Urologist as they approach with all the equipment. Do you expect me to talk???

No, we expect you to lie perfectly still and take it like a man :-)

I was wondering whether to question the nurses about why they would possibly want to do this job? What motivates them exactly? Could it be revenge :-) If I can think that clearly next time I have one I might ask it but frankly, I'd be in no positions whatsoever to defend myself.

No comments: