Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hypnotherapy

I'm no Wacko - strange, peculiar, quirky, off the wall, and other descriptions may well apply but I'd give a Life Coach a good kick in whenever I met one and I don't believe in mumbo Jumbo and "the Law of Attraction" which sort of says that I deserve to have Cancer may, as you may imagine, really upset me!

So - Hypnotherapy - what do you think - strange, weird, all a bit stage show and people barking like dogs etc?

In my limited experience, nothing can be further from the truth. Some time ago I had hypnotherapy to stop my craving on smoking. Nice job - how about this - no side effects, no cold turkey, no screaming at everyone no standard withdrawal symptoms like yelling at everyone, tearing my hair out, over eating etc. So what I hear you ask?

Well - I'm terrified of going into Hospital - it is the most frightening thing for me - I don't know why but it is. You must have guessed that from my previous posts. So I spoke to my friend and he agreed to come around this morning and work his magic on me. My Guardian Angel has something to do with this - I got an e-mail saying do it OR ELSE :-) I need no more prompting than this as I can imagine getting the wrong side of this lady :-) I'd have my arm ripped off and be beaten with the wet end if I didn't. I'd back her in celebrity death match against anyone!!

He used a "wellness" script (some people may recognize that phrase as "snake oil" but in this case it isn't) It was really good. Usually I am in quite a shallow trance (basically because of being sceptical). This time I was in quite deep and it was really quite "Trippy" but based on what was being said. I thought I'd been out for 15 minutes where in fact it had been 55 minutes. I won't really know how this has worked until next week of course but I feel fantastic (You often do coming out of hypnosis) and I can (at the moment) think about next week without getting wound up about it.

I'm not feeling at all anxious, upset or funnily enough that bothered about it and yet I have been for ages. I remember this from the last sessions I had and I have to say that if it worked then and after 20+ years of problems - solved them - then this too is a bit of a success. I certainly feel an awful lot better than I did before.

I will keep you posted - I now feel good about going in next week - how strange.

No comments: