Friday, April 27, 2007

Despatched in Mentions

Well kind of.

Young Suze had her procedure this week. She is a brave lass as this blog will testify http://cancercomicstrip.blogspot.com/2007/04/this-wont-hurt-honest-arrggghh.html I have to say that I am not particularly able to take an epidural for this sort of procedure being a little sensitive.
Suze has linked to one of the funnier moments of one of my visits here http://my-bladder-cancer-journey.blogspot.com/2006/11/flying-catheter.html

Have a read of more of Suze's anecdotes - there can be a funnier side - it just take you a few weeks after the events to realise it sometimes!

2 comments:

George Emsden said...

I am able to see the funny side of serious situations sometimes but when my own treatment was delayed for a week, I had a new finish date Friday 13th July - someone has a sense of humour

A Dived Ref said...

The urology nurse made me laugh last week - I use a couple of stress balls to take my mind off that bit where the catheter passes your prostate.

I was lying there, trousers and pants down and she said "Have you brought your balls with you this week?"

This caused much laughter - and the treatment seemed to be over much quicker. She was also running late so called two in before me - (obviously both nurses were on). However she does like playing to an audience and said after she had done two at once she'd be back next time and see if she could do three :-)

I hope all is going well for you in your treatment and thanks for dropping by.