Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Flying Catheter

I realised this evening that I had not posted this little incident.

Operation 1 they strapped a bag to my leg after the operation (next morning) and I was able to move around quite freely. On Operation 2 I was still attached to a bag, attached to a metal frame that either hung on the bed or stood freely next to you.

These bags are to collect urine and are connected via a rather large pipe (in the circumstances) which is attached via a catheter. That Catheter is (of course) inserted up your urethra inside your Penis and there is a balloon on the end that has been pumped up to keep it in place.

Catheters are OK and you get used to them being there but you can pull them and that can clear our your tear ducts for a while :-)

So - after Operation 2 the volunteer ladies arrive with the mobile shop and it has newspapers and all that on there. I wanted a newspaper. I got up, kicked the urine bag which flew across the room toward the ladies and then (like the cartoons) realised what the pipe was connected to. The bag and frame came to a halt as the slack of the pipe was taken up and the resultant tear jerking scene I will leave you to consider and laugh or cry about as you feel fit. The ladies were most concerned about me. I manged with all my dignity ( a bit difficult in a surgical gown and pipe hanging from your Penis) to pick up the frame and bag, stare straight ahead choking back the tears and gasps of breath whilst asking, in my best BBC voice for a copy of the Telegraph!

You cannot see the actions I can do to this story but believe me - it is really funny now - at the time - well .......