Thursday, November 02, 2006

Just to get that straight

I am dealing with Cancer openly - it is a matter of fact to me. I am not being brave or big headed I am just being honest about what is happening to me, the treatment, the causes, the side effects and so on.

I believe that it is also an education. I knew that my Grandparents and some friends of mine died of Cancer. Before i was diagnosed that was ALL I knew. I spoke to some Friends and found that a few were Long term Cancer survivors, 25 and 15 years so far - one with Bladder Cancer. A friend's wife also had it many years ago and is now clear.

However, you must talk about these things, Cancer is a bad word but these days they can sort you out so it is important to talk about these things. I do as it is educational - it isn't big and it isn't clever it just needs to be out in the public domain exactly what it is like, what you can do about it and to educate everyone you know about what you have. It helps both parties I hope - It helps me as I can explain the whole thing and how I feel too.

Don't hide it, get it out in the open!