Monday, November 13, 2006

The 2nd Treatment

Well today it was slightly different. It was a little more uncomfortable with the catheter this time. I believe that is probably because the treatment irritates the hell out of your urethra and that is what gave me the slight discomfort. However it isn't what I'd call painful as such.

I have decided to see if I can take in a stress ball next time. You have to sort of twiddle your toes to take your mind off what they are doing - I keep my eyes closed anyway. The ball would enable me to do something with my hands as well as my toes :-)

I saw the equipment they use today - the catheter looks long enough to go through your whole body and the syringe well, what can I say - if it had a needle on it I would have feinted! It is absolutely massive, it has the BCG small bottle attached to it and some other solution inside. Than goodness you don't see all that lot go in!

Anyway, I have done my 15 minutes a side regime and I am waiting for another 20 or so minutes before I can get rid of this out of my system.

I think that this week I am going to drink a lot more water and liquids to see if I can cut down the irritation for next week's appointment.

That is it for now. I can definitely feel something this week so stay tuned for ongoing reports.