Saturday, November 11, 2006

Always With You

I think this takes some getting used to? Unless they cut out the Cancer and it is no longer there, you always have to be checked. So there is a point at which you need to come to terms with the fact that this is with you for the rest of your natural. I still haven't got there yet and whilst I know about it, either I'm not comfortable with it or cannot comprehend what it means. Perhaps I am over complicating things too much as well.

I think I said it before about with a nasty cold or some other operation, who have it and then you go back to "normal" and with this you don't really. No matter what you do it is always there and it kind of stops you doing what you want to do and stops you planning long term and at the moment short term too.

I cannot book tings too far in advance in case I have to cancel them. I don't know how I'll feel next week so I don't make appointments too far in advance and so on. I know I have to have an Operation in January but exactly when will that be and how long will I be affected for (especially given the last surprise one)? All these things reinforce that this disease is different. At some point in time I need to come to terms with it and when I do that master it and not have it master me. Not sure HOW I'll do that yet :-) Stay tuned!